Fearnach Bay House - Self Catering Accommodation near Oban, Argyll
Just 100 metres from its own private shoreline and overlooking the yachts moored in Loch Melfort, the Fearnach Bay self catering holiday house enjoys a southerly aspect. Immediately behind stands Melfort Hill and from the summit, breathtaking views over the nearby islands of Luing, Scarba, Jura and Islay. Crosple Cottage is 200m further up the hill from Fearnach Bay House.
Sleeping 7 comfortably, there are 4 bedrooms - 2 doubles are en suite and the twin bedded room shares a luxury bathroom with a pretty single room. They are all south facing and have views over the loch. The ground floor bedroom with its luxurious double bed and its own en suite wet room has unrestricted wheelchair access.
In addition there is a sofa bed on the spacious upstairs landing. This area can be curtained off and the large window makes this a popular choice with the younger generation when an additional bed is required.
Luxury, Comfort & Style - 5 Star Large Holiday Cottage in Argyll
Elsewhere comfort is equally uncompromised, from the solid French oak flooring in the open plan sitting/dining room, to the large basket of logs to fuel the welcoming log burning stove.
The underfloor heating is provided by an eco friendly ground source heat pump which collects the natural warmth from beneath the earth's surface and heats each of the downstair rooms to just the right temperature, ensuring a cosy welcome as soon as you enter the building.
BT Freeview and Netflix provide the in-house entertainment and there's also a comprehensive collection of DVD films for you to enjoy. Also included is WiFi broadband and an integrated digital sound system which allows your iPhone to be streamed to any of the main rooms in the house including the bathrooms.
- Ample car parking space
- House sleeps 7/8
- Wood burning stove in sitting room with basket of seasoned logs
- Sorry, no pets allowed at this property
- This is a strictly no smoking house but a covered porch at the back door provides excellent shelter if it rains.
- Unrestricted wheelchair access throughout entire ground floor.
- 40" flat screen TV with BT Freeview package, Netflix and DVD films. Integrated sound system with IPlayer docking stations in all main rooms and bed rooms.
- Well equipped kitchen with induction hob, electric cooker, microwave, dish washer, American cabinet fridge/freezer, drink chilling cabinet, Nespresso machine, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Extensive patio areas with solid teak seating and outdoor barbecue.
- Use of 13' rowing dinghy (April - October)
- 2 Spinning Rods supplied with tackle.
- House available from 5pm (earlier by arrangement) on day of arrival to 10am on departure day.
- Price Range: £1350 - £2400 per week.
- Fair usage of electricity and basket of logs for the fire are included. (No facility for EV charging)
- Deposit 20% of rental to confirm booking (non refundable in event of cancellation)
Footage of our resident otter searching for crabs right outside Fearnach Bay House, then being confronted by two large swans.
Floor Plans for Fearnach Bay House